Item Processing Specialist (Part-time)
Item Processing Specialist (PT)
Title: Item Processing Specialist
Dept: Item Processing
Availability: 25 hours or less per week (Monday-Friday)
Reports to: 2nd Shift Item Processing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Processes all bank transactions daily through Branch Capture and Department Capture including keying and balancing. Department employees act as the direct liaisons to branch personnel for support and Level 1 trouble-shooting on branch capture scanning equipment. Responsible for opening branch courier bags, distributing interoffice and postal mail, and redeploying bags back to the branches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Frontline support for Branch Capture telephone calls for balancing issues and Level 1 troubleshooting. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
2. Operates a PC to key dollar amounts and account numbers from images at industry standard rates. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
3. Prove customer transactions that are out of balance. This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
4. Perform quality control on customer and internal bank departments' transactions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Confirm receipt of work from Conway Main and Downtown branches, prep and capture bank transactions. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Confirm receipt of branch courier bags, sorts and distributes inter-office/postal mail, redeploy courier bags. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Print and review Customer Correction notices and prepare for Mail Services department. This duty is performed irregularly, about 5% of the time.
8. Perform Quality Control on application items for account number accuracy. This duty is performed irregularly, about 5% of the time.
9. Prform Quality Control on possible duplicate transactions. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Pick up work from Main Bank for processing. This duty is performed irregularly, about 5% of the time.
11. Assist Supervisor in reviewing and signing off on daily checklist. This duty is performed irregularly, about 5% of the time.
12. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc., plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
High School Diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Alphanumeric Data Entry
Basic: Accounting, Contact Management, Database, Human Resources Systems,
Payroll Systems, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
INITIATIVE and INGENUITY
Under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed alone on routine work, referring all questionable cases to supervisor.
Limited responsibility with regard to specific assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work operations.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of
minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major
importance; the latter of which would affect the work operations of other employees
and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials, equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately repetitive. Activities with slight variation using a definite set of processes or directions with some degree of supervision. Choice of learned things in situations which conform to clearly established patterns and modes.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Regularly responsible for property where carelessness or error would result in only minor damage or minor monetary loss. Almost continuous care and attention is required when handling this property in order to prevent loss.
Probable errors of internal and external scope would have a moderate effect on the operational efficiency of the organizational component concerned. Errors might possibly go undetected for a considerable period of time, thereby creating an inaccurate picture of an existing situation. Could cause further errors, losses, or embarrassment to the organization. The possibility for error is always present due to requirements of the job.
FREEDOM TO ACT
Generally controlled. General processes covered by established policies and standards with supervisory oversight.
ANNUAL MONETARY IMPACT
None. Job does not create any dollar monetary impact for the organization.
IMPACT ON END RESULTS
Modest impact. Job has some impact on the organizations end results, but still from an
indirect level. Provides assistance and support services that facilitates decision making
Occasional routine contacts with persons outside the organization. This would include contacts with suppliers, mail service, etc.
Contacts with other departments or offices and also frequently with individuals in middle level positions; consulting on problems which necessitate judgment and tact in presentation to obtain cooperation or approval of action to be taken. Also, important contacts with associates as required in advanced supervisory jobs.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.)
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to sit, talk or hear; and frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 10-key proficiency desired
3. One year experience with PC
4. Must be able to lift 50 lbs
5. Position has frequent exposure to paper dust
Job also requires sitting for extended periods of time and/ or standing for extended periods of time.