Customer Care Center Support - Full-time
Customer Care Center Associate (Full-time)
Job Title: Customer Care Center Associate
Department: Customer Care Center
Reports to: Customer Care Center Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Availability: 40 hours per week with possible occasional overtime.
Hours: Monday - Friday (7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.) Saturday (8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
Pay: Will be determined based on experience
SUMMARY: Receive and respond to customer inquiries by phone while maintaining tight control of customer identity and privacy. Comply with all legal and regulatory guidelines related to Call Center operation and specific customer transactions. Improve customer service by obtaining resolution to customer issues or concerns in a timely manner. Take advantage of cross selling opportunities by referring customers to other departments in the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Answer incoming phone calls from customers regarding all types of Retail Accounts. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
2. Quote loan payoffs and resolve loan general questions. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Quote CD Rates. This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
4. Understand marketing promotions and bank products effectively. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
5. Refer customer to other bank personnel as needed. This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
6. Take information and perform maintenance on check orders, internet and telephone banking, ATM/debit cards. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
7. Make limited refund decisions as needed. This duty is performed daily, about 1% of the time.
8. Perform research on Bankware for customer inquiries. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
9. Identify cross selling opportunities. This duty is performed daily, about 70% of the time.
10. Able to work and be flexible during the hours of 7 am - 7 pm with occasional Saturdays from 8 am - 2 pm. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 100% of the time.
12. Telephone transfer of funds. This duty is performed daily, about 80% of the time.
13. Stop payments by phone. This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have one year experience in Customer Service; Call Center experience preferred but not required. One year experience using personal computers is required.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed alone on routine work, referring all questionable cases to supervisor.
Limited responsibility with regard to specific assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work operations.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance; the latter of which would affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials, equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately structured. Fairly broad activities using moderately structured procedures with only generally guided supervision. Interpolation of learned things in somewhat varied situations.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.)
Probable errors of internal scope should ordinarily be detected within the department or office in which they occur, but may affect the work of others within the unit, requiring additional expenditure of time to trace errors and make all necessary corrections. Errors would require a moderate amount of time to
Frequent contacts with general public, patrons, or other outside representatives, wherein the manner of handling these contacts has a bearing on the organization's position and operation.
Contacts of considerable importance within the department or office, such as those required in coordination of effort, or frequent contacts with other departments or offices, generally in normal course of performing duties. Requires tact in discussing problems and presenting data and making recommendations, but responsibility for action and decision reverts to others.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Experience using Microsoft Office products.
Proficient telephone skills.
Ability to sit for long periods.
Knowledge of bank products, policies/procedures is preferred, but not required.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.