Senior Accountant - HBI
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Availability: 40 hours per week (With occasional overtime)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY:Duties include but are not limited to those outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Assist with the improvement of existing finance and accounting procedures to ensure all controls are properly in place. This duty is performed as needed.
2. Prepare prepaid and accrual reconciliations for bank and non-bank subsidiaries as well as be responsible for all salary and discretionary accrual calculations. This duty is performed monthly.
3. Perform various month end entries for bank and non-bank subsidiaries to assist with the monthly closing of the books. This duty is performed monthly.
4. Assist with the weekly and monthly review of GL account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts for bank and non-bank subsidiaries. This duty is performed weekly.
5. Perform backup to the Controller on SecureConnect to enter into FHLB borrowings. This duty is performed as needed.
6. Prepare board reports. This duty is performed monthly.
7. Prepare the quarterly call report. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Prepare and review of monthly self-examination. This duty is performed monthly.
9. Assist with the gathering of financial information for auditors and examiners at quarter ends and year ends. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Prepare income tax calculations for bank and non-bank subsidiaries as well as assist in annual income tax return and remit quarterly tax payments. This duty is performed monthly.
11. Prepare fixed asset reconciliation for bank and non-bank subsidiaries as well as accounting for acquisitions, deletions, monthly depreciation, and annual tax assessments. This duty is performed monthly.
12. Process internal allocations for back office responsibilities including processing, operations, and professional services. This duty is performed monthly.
13. Prepare month end reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. This duty is performed weekly.
14. Assist with bank acquisitions, mergers, and conversions when necessary. This duty is performed as needed.
15. Enter and verify interest rate changes made in the core processing system. This duty is performed daily.
16. Review Arkansas Sales Tax returns. This duty is performed monthly.
17. Assist with Loss Share Reporting requirements for the FDIC assisted transactions. This duty is performed as needed.
18. Prepare Arkansas Franchise Tax Returns. This duty is performed annually.
19. Prepare Fringe Benefit information for HR for W-2 inclusion. This duty is performed annually.
20. Calculate mortgage originators monthly commissions. This duty is performed monthly.
21. Prepare Documentary Stamp Tax Returns for the State of Florida. This duty is performed monthly.
22. Other Projects as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
23. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
24. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Database, Payroll Systems
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY
Under direction where a definite objective is set up and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
Considerable responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work, in addition, the work operations of a group of employees, all performing basically the same type of work.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance, either of which would affect the work operations of small organizational component and the organization's clientele.
Very close mental demand. Operations requiring very close and continuous attention for control of operations which require a high degree of coordination or immediate response. Operations requiring intermittent direct thinking to determine or select the most applicable way of handling situations regarding the organization's administration and operations; also to determine or select material and equipment where highly variable sequences are involved.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately directed. Activities covered by wide-ranging policies and courses of action, and generally directed as to execution and review. High order of analytical, interpretative, and/or constructive thinking in varied situations.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
The level of direct supervisory responsibility for the assignment of job duties, training, leadership, guidance, needs of employees, hiring, terminating and/or direction of the effort of others. Scoring will depend upon the number and classification of people normally supervised or directed, and the scope of complexity of the operations involved in the supervisory responsibility. (Job classification which involves no supervision will not be assigned a point value for this factor.)
Supervises the following departments:
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Occasionally responsible for organization's property where carelessness, error, or misappropriation would result in moderate damage or moderate monetary loss to the organization. The total value for the above would range from $150,000 to $1,000,000.
Probable errors would not likely be detected until they reached another department, office or patron, and would then require considerable time and effort to correct the situation. Frequently, possibility of error that would affect the organization's prestige and relationship with the public to a limited extent, but where succeeding operations or supervision would normally preclude the possibility of a serious situation arising as a result of the error or decision.
FREEDOM TO ACT
Directed. Freedom to complete duties as defined by wide-ranging policies and precedents with mid to upper-level managerial oversight.
ANNUAL MONETARY IMPACT
The amount of annual dollars generated based on the job's essential duties / responsibilities. Examples would include direct dollar generation, departmental budget, proper handling of organization funds, expense control, savings from new techniques or reduction in manpower.
None. Job does not create any dollar monetary impact for the organization.
IMPACT ON END RESULTS
Moderate impact. Job has a definite impact on the organization's end results. Participates with others in taking action for a department and/or total organization.
Occasional contacts with patrons on routine matters.
Contacts of considerable importance within the department or office, such as those required in coordination of effort, or frequent contacts with other departments or offices, generally in normal course of performing duties. Requires tact in discussing problems and presenting data and making recommendations, but responsibility for action and decision reverts to others.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, driver's license/cdl, etc.)
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.